Are you in charge of planning the boat activities for this year's family reunion at a beach? If so, from planning fishing expeditions to renting offshore boats for skiing, here are some ideas for you to consider that might help you to make this a very memorable family reunion:
Make A Specific Plan - Before you even leave for the reunion, think about writing down which boating activities you have in mind:
- Contact each family to see which activities they want to participate in. For example, if you find out that most of the attendees want to go deep sea fishing on offshore boats, you might need to rent more than one fishing boat for your fishing expedition. The person who takes your group out to fish will more than likely have all the fishing equipment that is needed.
- If you are not using a professional to take your group out to fish, find out ahead of time where the best fishing is found. The rental agency will probably be happy to help you with that information.
- Are there a lot of folks who will want to water ski? Talk to the place where you plan to rent a motorboat to see if they also rent skis for those who don't own them.
- If some folks in your group don't know how to ski, the same agency might be able to recommend an instructor who has the training to help them to learn quickly.
Plan For Everybody - Think of those in your group that may not want to be part of strenuous activities:
- For those in your group who just want to be out in the water to relax and to enjoy the scenery, think about hiring a tour guide who will take them out on a boat to show them the sights and who can give some history of the area you are visiting.
- Another idea is to see if somebody in your group will take some of your family members out on a sail boat. Those who join that activity might find that they actually want to try their hand at sailing.
- Find out ahead of time how much the boat rentals will cost so that there won't be any unpleasant surprises later on.
- Don't forget to make sure that little children or non-swimmers have access to life vests. In addition, be sure to remind those who are attending to bring plenty of sunscreen.
Think of assigning somebody in your group to take photographs during your beach reunion. If will be fun to send those to other family members as a reminder of the great event you helped to plan.Share